Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Strength of the Human Spirit

The strength within..the human spirit..the fighter instinct!! There are so many ways to describe the amazing courage and resolve that we humans are capable of showing.
Like they say, you get to know how strong you really are only when being strong is the only choice you are left with. Destiny tests us in so many ways, it could be a broken relationship, the passing over of a loved one, a chronic illness or even something as trivial as failing an exam. But these are the situations which test our true mettle. Life surely throws some very unpleasant surprises at times and these either break us or make us even stronger. I know its easier said than done, but believe me, life has thrown some pretty tough ones my way too. Sometimes the misery is too much to bear and all I want to do is throw in the towel and end it all at once. But somehow, a voice at the back of my mind asks me to push some more. I cannot be a coward. If this is how it all has to end, then I might as well go down fighting. From a person who used to wallow in self pity and cry at the drop of a hat, I have turned into someone who is giving a tough competition to destiny today...with all my might. Either I emerge victorious on the other side, or go down fighting. Thats what my spirit tells me, every-single-day. So, to everyone who is fighting a tough battle out there, I'll say keep up the fight, dont let the demons slay you, keep the flag soaring high. One day you will be rewarded for your courage...if not here, then in the next world for sure. Let Him test you as much as He wants, coz He is the Almighty and He alone knows why you are being put through these trying times. The body will wither, but the spirit will remain...and ultimately find peace when it merges with the Source. An incredible example of what we just read about...the amazing strength of the human spirit!

No comments: